Monday, February 13, 2012

The Love of the Second Language English

English is only my second language. The first language I’ve learned and used (other than baby language) was Filipino specifically the local dialect Bisaya. During my childhood years, my spoken dialect has its distinct intonation that people from the city used to laugh at. I came from Siquijor so I also have a stong “Siquijor accent”, which is a little akin to the intonation of the people from Bohol. I studied college in Iligan City, where I have met different dialects. Since that time, my “accent” seemed to have a new flavor. Whenever I go back home however, it always amazes me how my tongue comfortably tunes back into its original intonation. I just simply love my own dialect! Read more:

English - The Second Language



No comments:

Post a Comment